Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Farmer's Daughter

I suppose it's the farmer in me that likes to get my hands dirty. I grew up with my dad farming rice and soybeans and my memories of going to the farm are so grand! Now, as an adult, I love gettin' my hands dirty! I find that it's an outlet for me and there's something therapeutic about working in the flower beds, planting new plants, workin' in the yard. This is not common with alot of women my age....so I've been told. My neighbor and I are two women on the street that look like "Water Boy" on our mowers. HA Usually, Collin does the mowin', I do the trimmin' and weedin' and Jerry fixes things! What a team! Yesterday, I got my tomato plants and cilantro in the dirt...now 78 days before fruit! We'll see.... I don't always do so well with tomatoes, but I will keep on trying! I look forward to fresh pico de gallo this summer.

No comments: