Rollercoaster. That's all I can say. You know, I don't remember there being so many hurricanes as a kid. In fact, I don't remember there being so many until just the past 5-10 years. I guess that in the real world of "grown-ups" you notice things more. HA
IKE the hurricane is nearing...IKE the hurricane is not.... Let's just put it this way; our bags are not unpacked from GUSTAV. Our lawn furniture and plants are still nestled closely to our back patio wall.
Jerry took on the job as Emerg. Response Coord. on 9/1. I would call that initiation by submersion! He has had about 15 conference calls with the state officials and national meterologists since 9/1---- planning ahead and predicting outcomes that noone really knows. At school, we are submitting "3 week" grades and we have only attended 8 days of class because of storms.
I'm going with the flow........ we learn that we just have to do what we can. Those that used to know me as a TYPE A personality.....well, I'm changing. I'm becoming more of the "whatever" personality :)
High school is agreeing with Collin and Krista will turn 22 tomorrow! Where is time going?????? I guess this only means that we're getting older, too. Like my dad says.....Old Age is a good thing; it's better than the alternative.
Please join us as prayer warriors against bad weather. I am always reminded of our many, many blessings. (to a tune....counting them one by one)!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment