
Good evening all! What an eventful week.... Hurricane Gustav was lurking in the Caribbean all week which sent our family in overdrive. Evacuation preparations began around our house Thursday evening with the prediction of the storm entering the gulf and threatening the Louisiana coast/ Southeast Texas coast. We had to get the yard mowed short, put up outdoor furniture and pool items, etc. and then the indoor things of securing photo albums, etc.. Collin and I left Saturday afternoon for Lufkin where we stayed in a hotel that had several rooms blocked with Jerry's company. It was comforting to have a group of us there. HOWEVER, it certainly didn't take the place of having Jerry with us. Collin and I went to the Lufkin Zoo (I'm very impressed with how good it was!) and then bowling. He whipped his mom on that one. Jerry had to stay back and work and will be at the plant 24/7 this week. We are blessed to be back home now and are only expecting 30-40 mph winds with some rain here. Dodged that bullet!! Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers during this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment