Tuesday, July 15, 2008

6 weeks until High School

Well, as I looked at the calendar today; I realized that summer is zooming by, and the rest of the summer is filled with appointments (those that we procrastinated with at the beginning of the summer), workshops, golf lessons, make-up swim lessons that I give, and a week long conference in Dallas. Whew! I always knew that as we get older...time flies by at rocket speed. I am most amazed that Collin will begin high school this year! He's much more ready for this than MOM is. I know that God is preparing me for the inevitable separation. I use this time to count blessings...health, happiness and the shear joy of spending time with family and friends. I had the great opportunity to spend last Sunday with my two sisters and niece. My younger sister lives in Florida which makes "getting together" an irregular feat; so it was so nice for us all to be together. We also got to visit with our grandparents in Louisiana (they are 86 and 92!) A blessing. Vacation this summer? A super cruise with friends in June and an annual trip to the FRIO RIVER! Until next time..... SMILES

3 comments:

Linda said...

Great job! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Good Job Jerry!!!! New experience for me.

Billy

Julie Jannise said...

Just like everything you do, this blog is great. The background on the home page sort of reminds me of the Larry King show backdrop. :)