Thursday, July 17, 2008
FRIENDS
Yesterday evening, we drove to Baytown (about 100 miles) away to attend a visitation for a wonderful Christian lady. She was the mother and grandmother of several of our dear friends. I knew when we arrived and saw the line-- out the door to the funeral home that this lady was being truly honored by her church and community friends. It was a tribute to her life, her family and her faith. I know she finds great peace and is rejoicing in heaven! It was great to see many, many of our friends from when we lived and worshiped in this area. In fact, we calculated that it had been TOO LONG (about 2 years) since we last saw many of our friends. Like I stated...too long. We all need to vow to cherish those that we can visit more often. I'm speaking to myself...it needs to be a priority.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment