Friday, January 2, 2009

Bowling and Fireworks on New Year's Eve

Jerry and I took Collin and friends bowling on New Year's Eve. We rented them a lane for a couple of hours and then "made ourselves scarce". Crazy, but true....I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble for a few hours to browse at my leisure...uninterrupted by an impatient teen...and THEY WERE CLOSED! Ugh. I guess Barnes and Nobles doesn't feel like they needed to accomodate the WILD PARTY GOERS on New Years Eve such as Jerry & I. HA HA

Collin froze his bootie off popping fireworks in the driveway. As soon as we got home, he immediately shucked his jeans for gym shorts; not a smart move. (only kid in the picture in shorts!)

We had a firework scare! We had purchased a few "biggies" for midnight. There were to be about 40 shots total into the air. Collin lit it at the end of the driveway and immediately the crazy thing started shooting SIDEWAYS about ankle high. We scattered like crazy people! Scarey for me, hilarious to the kids. 'Nough said....we were done after that! We first thought the box fell over, but later realized NO..it must have been faulty.

No comments: